Jan 23, 2013

What to pay attention when buy camera




As a  novice in photography, I decided to buy new camera, nothing very expensive but good enough to take quality photos, shoot my projects and learn 'tricks and tips' step-by-step, and one day, when reach better understanding and experience, take something more advanced. So, I started to google - shops, photo sites, forums, first to see what could be important for my level of (in)experience. 

      I learned that Megapixels over 12 MP is not so important but optical wide-angle zoom could be. The sensor choice -  CCD or CMOS  ( I read the CMOS is better - don't know why) could be important. Battery is also rather important - the plain AA or AAA are probably the best choice as could be bought everywhere.  The ease of use is also good to check. Video possibilities  were not interesting to me, so I didn't check them. Finally, after spending few hours on Internet, I decided to buy Olympus SZ-14. It is travel zoom digital camera -  a bridge between point-and-shoots and mega-zoom cameras. So far, I didn't shoot a lot, can't tell much about this. 

     The  pleasant  surprise is the PC software for photos storing and editing - very user-friendly with the number of possibilities. Unpleasant surprise was the equipment that came with the camera - I didn't get the memory card and got the USB-AC adapter FC-2AC  which is useless here in Croatia (need to buy FC-3AC separately). And in all materials I read, it was not clearly  written what you get with the camera. The memory card and adapter are rather inexpensive, but I am frustrated with the vendor's approach to hide those details. Few years ago, I bought compact camera from the same vendor and got everything - memory card and battery charger. So, as 'devil is in details', check literally everything before your purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment