Apr 17, 2013

Furoshiki - multipurpose cloth



Saturday mornings I am  usually spending in the city center visiting  shops  and going to the green market. This is time just for myself.
Bookstores are at my focus, I love reviewing new books, particularly crafts and art related. So, one Saturday I came across the book about furoshiki. First second: What's this? Next (and all others) second: I looooove it! And I still do. It is so simple yet so multipurpose, not to mention that I love scarfs.

What is Furoshiki?

Furoshiki (originated from japan) is wrapping cloth used for carry things or wrap gifts. It is easy to wrap anything of all shapes and sizes, make purse or use it as a  scarf. And if you don't need it at the moment, just fold it and put it  in pocket. As we are approaching the Earth day (April, 22nd) it is good to notice that furoshiki is enviromental and excellent way to avoid plastic bags.

So see some photos and visit original site where you can find a lot of tutorials how to wrap the cloth.



Photo comes from this site



No comments:

Post a Comment