Mar 13, 2013

Kitchen curtains tutorial











Few month ago I refurbished my kitchen, these small curtains finished just recently (number of other things to do combined with laziness).
As a general idea, I applied text that used to be very popular decades ago to be stiched on the fabric and hanged on the kitchen walls. So, first I measured and cut off two pieces of fabric. For the text, used first Fantom pen for fabric (it is one of the most useful things in my craft tools bag). By this pen you can write or draw as with any other, but when acrylic paint (or just water) is applied, it vanishes. So, I wrote text first with this pen and then with fabric pen - black and red.
Why did I started this way? I saw a risk sewing first and then write, as I was not quite sure if I am going to be happy with the result. And sewing takes more time and effort than just writing.

How I sewed these curtains, find out below.


Tutorial - how to sew simple curtians







First, I folded raw edge of the curtain - cca 0,5 cm, and did it twice. Pinned the fold and ironed the edge. 
For the bottom edge, procedure is the same, but this time I first folded raw edge cca 0,5 cm, and then 4 cm.








For the upper edge, decorative band was added. I cut 5 pieces of the band, 8 cm long each. Each piece was pinned on the folded raw edge. After that, I pinned cotton strip and, to make sewing easier, I basted stitch the strip.


Ironed all edges and sew on the machine. Curtains are finished. Hung them instead of cupboard door.

No comments:

Post a Comment