Mar 7, 2013

How to clean and care wooden furniture





Is it just me, I am not sure, but I always feel extra energy in spring and urge to clean, tidy dressers, makeover rooms. With the sunny days, stains and dust is much more visible. Stains on furniture could be very frustrating, particularly if this is our favourite piece. But before I decide to buy something advertised on TV (usually rather expensive and inefficient), I try domestic and more 'green' stuff.

Try some of the recepies below, they really work.


'Green' tips and tricks how to remove stains from wooden furniture


 Remove ugly rings left  after wet glasses or vases

Hoe to remove stains using vinegar


Mix equal amounts of (distilled) vinegar and olive oil, rub it with a soft cloth on the stain. Use another clean, soft cloth to remove excess oil and vinegar and polish with the surface. For leather furniture, use only  vinegar-soaked cloth.


Remove stains left after hot dishes 







Mix equal amounts of tooth paste and baking powder, rub it on the stain, leave few minutes and clean with wet cloth.

Thoroughly cleaning dust


Apple vinegar or beer are excellent for thoroughly cleaning stubborn dirt on furniture. Apply vinegar or beer on woolen cloth and rub the surface.





2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have used a gel stain before and I was in Lowe's yesterday looking for the product I had used in the past. They didn't have it. Thanks for showing this brand. I will look for it now. Gel stain is awesome. I used it on my front door because the sun would fade it.

    ReplyDelete