Jan 19, 2014

Friendship scrolls


fabric friendship scroll



Although living in the digital era, having smart phones, tablets, notebooks - good, old paper is still very much alive. So, I made those scrolls for myself and my closest friends to keep common photos and memories.  I found the idea in the free ebook from the Cloth Paper Scissors site - it was a scroll to keep souvenirs from the journey. I used it for our friendship journey.


Tutorial how to make friendship scrolls
  



fabric friendship scroll




Use a piece of fabric, aproximately 33 x 11 cm. I prepainted an area for the photo as I had some isues with the transfer technique. Used photo transfer paper for the dark fabric. (Don't make the same mistake I did - read the instructions.)



fabric friendship scroll



After the photo tranfer was succesfully accomplished, I painted the fabric with the acrylic fabric paint and played a little bit with stencils.

fabric friendship scroll tutorial



This is the back side of the scroll. I also write some text - sentence about friendship.


fabric friendship scroll tutorial




For the scroll interior I printed calendar on the parchment paper and added a page of  handmade paper. On the calendar just marked our birthdays. I made four such pairs  and stiched them on the fabric 12 mm one after another.



fabric friendship scroll tutorial





fabric friendship scroll tutorial




Before stiching the paper, flipped the edge of the fabric and stitched it, put inside the wire. You can see it (left edge).



fabric friendship scroll tutorial




Finally, stitched the ribbon. The scroll is over. I printed some of  old photos and input them within the paper pairs. 




fabric friendship scroll tutorial



fabric friendship scroll tutorial



fabric friendship scroll tutorial








No comments:

Post a Comment