Sep 19, 2012

Hanger out of pockets









Few weeks ago I was cleaning a closet - what to keep, what to throw away, what to pack for the charity. First decided to get rid of the old linen jacket I haven't worn in years. At the last momment, I got the idea to use the pockets for a hanger. This is tutorial how I did it. Now I am searching the closet for some other old things with pockets to  make another hanger. The real challenge is to convince my hubby to get rid of old stuff.







DIY - Hanger out of pockets


Material:

two pockets out of old jacket
two twigs
fusible web tape
hemp rope
decoration material
decoupage glue
napkins for decoupage





Step 1: Cut the pockets with cca 1,5 cm wide border.











 Step 2:
I used double sided fusible web tape to 'glue' border on the back side of the pocket. (
Fusible web is a  fiber that will melt when heated. When placed between two pieces of fabric, the melting action of the web causes it to fuse the fabrics together.)









Step 3:

 As the pocket is rounded, it was necessary to cut the edges, make 'teeth'. Then I ironed on tape/border on the  the sides and finally on the top.
First, I ironed on tape on the bottom of the back side, then ironed on the left and right side and finally on the top.






This is my assistant and supervisor. So, if you notice a black hair on the photos, now you know the source.





Step 4: Decoupage napkins and glue I already had, so I used them to decorate the pockets.
Cut - off the item and put it on the pocket. You can use any other technique for decoration, or none.



















Step 5: I used thin hemp rope to hang the pockets on the twigs - using a  needle made a two nooses on the top of the pocket and two on the bottom (see picture, it is easier to understand). An used some  beads for decoration.


Step 6: Used some dry lavender  flowers  from my little garden to make additional decorations.

No comments:

Post a Comment